Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: US P-to-P companies will disappear, exec says - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

US P-to-P companies will disappear, exec says

#1 User is offline   MW Forums 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:20 AM

Peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file-sharing companies in the U.S. will cease to exist in their current forms over the next few months, the president of MetaMachine Inc., the company responsible for the eDonkey software, predicts. more

#2 User is offline   easy4lif 

• PipPip

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:25 AM

P2P IS HERE TO STAY! Everytime the RIAA goes after them and shut one of these sites and programs down, another one comes to take it place. and Copy Protection, LOL give me a 12 year old and I'll show you how strong copy protection is. these Mega Corperations need to realize that their side has several thousand engineers with millions of dollars spent to protect these CD's. and the other side has punk kids who eat copy protction for breakfast and do it for nill, nada, zip, zero! As for the P2P companies, well we outsource everything else in this country, i guess it was only matter of time before this would move as well.
DOWN WITH RIAA
UP WITH EFF
/forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#3 User is offline   Toe_MW 

• PipPip

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:56 AM

P2P is going distributed, which means there does not need to be any centralized server.
What is the point of a P2P company anyway? How can you make money from people who won't even pay a buck for a song?
The future of sharing is Freenet.
http://freenet.sourc...p?page=faq#what

#4 User is offline   minderbinder 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:49 AM

I don't think P2P is going anywhere, I just think it will be in the hands of open source apps instead of corporations trying to leech a profit off of people pirating materials.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users