Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

imovie message: not enough memory available

#1 User is offline   golematic 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:20 PM

hello, i just started using imovie on my new imac g5 (os 10.4 tiger). my movie is about four minutes long, but now every time i try to add a transition between clips i get a message: not enough memory to complete operation. how can i get rid of this problem? can i change the assigned amount of memory for imovie? also i haven't been able to use an aiff sound file for the audio track in imovie. solutions? thank you.

#2 User is offline   DanSlagle 

• PipPip

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:11 AM

You should be able to use iMovie with less than 512 megs of memory but I would not suggest it.
This is not OS9... there is no memory allocation. /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
QUIT every single other program would be my suggestion.

#3 User is offline   golematic 

• Pip

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

i know i should be able to use imovie with my 512mb of ram, but unfortunately despite having this much ram i've encountered the problems described in my question. any other suggestions?

#4 User is offline   DanSlagle 

• PipPip

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:13 AM

Oh I forgot about this one
From Carl F.
In reply to:

It may be that your photos don't have a long enough duraton for the transition to render properly. Try this: double click on a photo, a dialog box will appear. In the dialog box change the time of the clip's duration to accomodate the transition length. Close. This will lengthen the time the photo stays on the timeline. Choose the next photo and repeat the process. Now try the transition you had wanted to apply. It should work.

#5 User is offline   shanebarber 

• Pip

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:28 AM

Hmm, this is my first try with iMovie. I am simply trying to make a decent slideshow of my time here in Korea, but wanted to use iMovie as practice for a promotional video I am making soon. I am having the same problem. I have a PowerBook G4 1.33 w/ 1GB ram. So far, I have a fade in and a title, and I try to put a fade out on the title, and it won't do it.... hmmm any advice?

#6 User is offline   DanSlagle 

• PipPip

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:26 PM

See above

#7 User is offline   hero539986 

• Pip

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

i was having the same problem that was described above. i was running imovie HD 5.0.2 and trying to add a transition between two still clips. Solution: whenever you add a clip to iMovie and it disappears or brings up the message, it wil appear in your Trash (that's right, TRASH) as a dv file. just drag it out, import it in the place you want, and it should work.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users