Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where's the Commit button in Photoshop

#1 User is offline   tmx 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:01 PM

I'm embarrassed to post this, but there's no more googling left to do.
I'm trying to put a copyright symbol on a photo in Photoshop, and even though I've searched all I can think of in my computer (Mini on 10.4.3) but I can't figure out 1) what the keyboard shortcut is, or 2) where I can find a list of keyboard shortcuts for symbol characters, or 3) where this mysterious "Commit" button is on the options toolbar. Apparently there's a check mark but I can't find it!
Does anyone know a decent Photoshop training site with photos or screencaps of the actual bars, so I can find this stuff?
Does anyone know where I can find a list of keyboard shortcuts for text characters, in Pages, Simpletext and Photoshop? If I search for any of the words aboce, my Mini starts up Mac Classic and gives me some useless font window.
Thanks!

#2 User is offline   DarthMac 

• PipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:27 PM

The keyboard short cut is Option G
For a display of keyboard symbols/characters go to System Preferences > International > Input Menu and put a check mark in the Keyboard Viewer option. The keyboard viewer will them become available on the input menu on the menu bar.
Just for fun I Googled 'copyright symbol OS X' and the first search item listed answered the question.

#3 User is offline   tmx 

• PipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 02:49 PM

You said "The keyboard viewer will then become available on the input menu on the menu bar." --do you mean the menu bar at the top of the screen in Photoshop? Where's the input menu? Is it a button? A drop-down?

#4 User is offline   dougster 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:51 PM

In reply to:

Where's the input menu?

You'll want to follow the path above: System Prefs/International-->click the Input Menu tab-->check box for: Character Palette and Show Input Menu. Now the Character Palette will appear in the top/right/corner of your display under the American flag drop-down menu: Character Palette.

#5 User is offline   DarthMac 

• PipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

When you're in the International system preferences make sure there's a check mark in the Show input menu in menu bar at the bottom of the Input Menu pane.
The Input Menu appears as a flag on the right side of the menu bar and is a drop down allowing you to open the Keyboard Viewer in any app.

#6 User is offline   tmx 

• PipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 04:25 PM

I always wondered what that American flag was for. Thanks, everyone! Now that I've selected the character palette and Show Menu stuff in the system prefs, the Commit checkmark shows up in Photoshop's menu bar.
Does anyone know a good website for Photoshop help?

#7 User is offline   moose_n_squirrel 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:02 PM

People here know a lot about Photoshop but you can always go to the source.
official photoshop help forum

#8 User is offline   dougster 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:30 AM

...and you can Google for tons of PS tips'n tricks along w/ plugins. Might also check out the [NAPP] They'll also send you the photo of the month via email if you wish. The seminars are a little pricy, but if you ever have a chance to catch one...go for it. /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#9 User is offline   MacGizmo 

• PipPip

Posted 01 January 2006 - 05:28 AM

You might want to try:

#10 User is offline   shaping 

• Pip

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

I know there has " Key Caps " menu in OS 9.0 ( Classic 9.0---> Apple Menu Items--->Key Caps ) , It may be amount " Keyboard Viewer " in OX 10.0 .

#11 User is offline   tmx 

• PipPip

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

When I'm using the type tool in Photoshop, Option-G creates a new clipping mask, it doesn't type the copyright symbol.

#12 User is offline   moose_n_squirrel 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:38 PM

I just tried this out. Option-G works fine, makes a copyright symbol. You must be pressing Command-option-G, because that is the clipping mask shortcut, if you look under the Layer menu.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users