• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Projectors for mac

#1 User is offline   macingaround 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:34 AM

Hi All
Have any of you found a good quality Multimedia Projector for mac? i am looking for a cheap yet portable Projector, as i do lots of moving around i also need it to be small and light weight. Uses, well presentations and watching DVD's, thise are the main functions for me, and to be even more Fussy, if i could get one with a weight under 3lbs that would be perfect. /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Been on many sites, but its like looking for a needle in a hay stack, anyone found one that they can recommend? /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
thanks
macingaround /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#2 User is offline   jcmount 

• PipPip

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:05 PM

Any project will work. Projectors currently are all VGA / SVGA input. Depending on which Mac you have and which video out it has you just hook it up and the Mac will recognize it as a 2nd monitor.

#3 User is offline   macingaround 

• Pip

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:28 AM

thanks for that info, but i was looking at more a recommendation on a brand that someone has found that they would recommend buying, Like i mentioned before, i am looking for one that i can throw in a bag with my mac and take where ever i am going, thats why i was looking for a light weight projector, and was hoping that someone found one at a good price.
Cheers
Macingaround /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

#4 User is offline   albloom 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:19 AM

Leslye is very happy with her Epson PowerLite S1+ (a tad
dated, but street word says its successors are better).
Cheap is relative. In terms of projectors, the Epson S3
is cheap at about $750US. Weight is 6 lb.
It is light and compact, and it works fine with both our
old Wallstreet PB (OS9) and the new AlBook 15" (OSX 10.3.9).
The remote is plug-n-play. We use VGA output on both Macs.
Hope this helps.

#5 User is offline   Mycroft_Holmes_MW 

• PipPip

Posted 08 April 2006 - 05:40 AM

When looking for a projector, there are a lot of variables and a lot of choices. Unlike computers, most people don't have experience with more than a few different models. Because of this, it's unlikely you're going to get a consensus from a board like this on a particular projector that suits your needs.
You have to consider the size of the space (distance from the screen), size of the screen, and the brightness of the room, and weigh those against the cost and size of the projector. Then consider whether or not some extra features are worth the added costs.
With those considerations in mind, check independant reviews about various projectors in the class that you need. They can at least provide education about the various features and which models can do what. I like this website for reviews:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/
Good luck!

#6 User is offline   albloom 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:02 AM

Mycroft, you answered the wrong person. Maybe
you should have left it to your brother. /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#7 User is offline   Mycroft_Holmes_MW 

• PipPip

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

I guess everyone has their pet peeves. For some, it's those knuckle-heads who change the Subject line on a Reply! /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
My name actually refers to another great literary character. Hint: Sci-Fi.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users