Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any way to make a song "explicit"?

#1 User is offline   pleaseremove 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:25 PM

Well, I bought some music from the itms, and noticed that itunes 7 shows that the music is explicit. Is there any way, program or script, that can add that "explicit" or "clean" icon for my songs that I have ripped from cd's I own?
Thanks!!!

#2 User is offline   mdawson 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:04 PM

Such a script, if one does exist, would need a data source to decide which songs are explicit and which are not. Other than that you are talking about adding a feature to the user interface of a new version of iTunes. I am not sure if such a thing could be done via AppleScript as it would require hacking iTunes. Ironically, given that iTMS has indicated explicit and clean from the outset, I find it interesting that iTunes does not provide a means to manually tag songs. Of course, iTMS is under legal obligation to indicate what songs are explicit, whereas iTunes is a personal collection and is therefore not subject to the Laws-Pushed-by-Non-Parenting-Parents-Act.

#3 User is offline   MacCheetah3 

• Power User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:54 AM

Hi
I understand your interest but I get where Apple is coming from. Where is that? They only have ratings for purchasing...The ratings mean / do nothing after the purchase is made. Why? It is to assist the buyer in the purchasing and Apple properly interprets -- IMHO -- that because you are told before purchasing, you purchase the type ( clean, explicit, PG-13, ... ) that you find acceptable. Outside of that, restrictions of files on your personal computer are of your own responsibility and is done almost just as easily in a number of ways. -- One being user accounts per person on a home computer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users