• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DiskWarrior 4

#43 User is offline   oziimac 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

I bought this software to fix a problem with one volume on an external drive. The software is expensive at $99. My entire operating system OSX Snow Leopard only cost $29! It has very few features; just rebuild a directory, repair file permissions, check directory structure is correct, or test a physical drive in your computer (cannot test external drives). Ran the software and it said it couldn't repair the drive and told me to contact support. Contacted support via their high priority web support. Took them over a day to respond and then all they asked was for me to run the program again and send them the logs. Did this. Another day+ later and still haven't heard back. They only work 9am-5pm monday to friday. Too bad if you live somewhere other than the USA or have a problem after work! So over 3 days later and still no resolution. Their website is very misleading "Simply Click The Rebuild Button to Recover Your Files and Restore Your Mac!". Not true! If it can't rebuild the directory (which unless the problem is trivial it cannot) then you still can't access your files. Very expensive and very frustrating; a complete waste of money. So I went and bought Data Rescue 3. Same price $99. Fantastic software, worked straight away, was able to access every single file on the volume that Disk Warrior said was "so corrupted it couldn't be rebuild". My advise is don't buy this software, the company website is misleading, the support is terrible, it's way too expensive for what it does, and it's not very useful even at that. Look around for something better. I found Data Rescue 3 and it has lots of features and it just works out of the box (or should I say right from the download). And best of all Data Rescue 3 can be downloaded and run as a demo to see if it does what you want BEFORE you buy it! Data Rescue 3 has 5 stars from me. Disk Warrior has 0 stars.

#44 User is offline   vineke 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

Hi
I just bought this product, and it's horrible (and expensive). It seems to have very few functions, and the functions that it does have are buggy. I ended up using the Macs own Disk Tools instead. I have an external HD, that suddenly was unreadable. DisWarrior was no help at all!
When I made changes with DiscWarrior it asked me to review changes, but when I tried to review them, they where unavailable. Not very comforting that the program you use on your discs have bugs...

#45 User is offline   Incisive 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

I bought this product. It's expensive, though probably worth the money if it manages to rescue you from a major disk error. However I find the customer support disappointing. Running the latest version 4.3, I reported an issue where it would hang my systems (both latest MacBook pro Core i7 13 inch and 17 inch) when trying to run on an an encrypted sparse bundle disk image. It was only a routine maintenance run and there were no known problems with the disk. After my polite enquiry, Alsoft customer report appeared to give up on the issue without explanation, and a month later I'm still waiting for any further reply.

This post has been edited by Incisive: 26 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users