Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best way to save photos

#1 User is offline   kbterrier 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

What is the best way to save your photos for the long term. Do you save them to USB micro ScanDisk (or other company USB disk) or to a DVD disk or to a CD or what? What extension do you save your photos in? I select jpeg as it seems most universal.
What about movies/slideshows?

#2 User is offline   drmbb 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:06 AM

I archive all my still photo's as they came off the camera in terms of file type and image size (which is either jpeg, or RAW, depending how I shoot at the time). My archives consist of an at home backup on external hard drive, a second backup to a hard drive normally locked away off-site (my office at work), and burned to DVD (2 copies, one kept in the fire safe at home, one locked away in my office at work).
I would never trust files that I never wish to loose to just one backup medium, nor to just one backup copy or site.
P.S. Actually, I also tend to copy photo's and other important files to an encrypted disc image, which I then FTP to my hosting accounts on-line storage - so a 3rd copy/set and 3rd place (I have 120GB of online storage, and 1.2TB of monthly bandwidth, and I only use a fraction of all that for actual web pages, so I just treat the rest as off-site storage).

#3 User is offline   radnuf 

• PipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:19 AM

Quote:

What is the best way to save your photos

Save only the best photos. /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic