Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Boot Camp Wants a OS Extended (Journaled) - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boot Camp Wants a OS Extended (Journaled)

#1 User is offline   jcmount 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

Launch Boot Camp 1.2 get this message:
Quote:

Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again.

One problem; the disk is a OS Extended (Journaled) volume. I have fscked the disk, repaired permissions.
I just dropped a new drive in and it is in exactly the state Boot Camp wants. Restored on a an Extended (Journaled) volume.

#2 User is offline   cjs226 

• Pip

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem.

#3 User is offline   orthocross 

• PipPip

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:13 PM

Quote:

Launch Boot Camp 1.2 get this message:
Quote:

Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again.

One problem; the disk is a OS Extended (Journaled) volume. I have fscked the disk, repaired permissions.
I just dropped a new drive in and it is in exactly the state Boot Camp wants. Restored on a an Extended (Journaled) volume.

This is what I would do:
First, I would archive your windows pgm installers to an external fat32 drive, then:
1) Use Disk Utility to restore the Mac disk to a single partition.
2) Download and reinstall Boot Camp Assistant.
3) Start Bootcamp Assistant and create a partition for XP or Vista.
4) Start your Windows OS installation from within Bootcamp.
5) Once at the Windows Desktop, install the Drivers disk you burned from within BootCamp.
6) Reinstall your archived pgms and copy archived data back to that partition.
7) Most important of all, don't try to modify Apple's instructions using "the common knowledge" found in these forums -- especially if you think you are some kind of computer guru. Not many posting here are Apple Geniuses, as they want you to believe when they try to sound as if they are.
I've found (almost invariably) that by doing it "Apple's way", "It just works." Doing it "my way", "it just doesn't."
Donald McDaniel

/forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

#4 User is offline   hydro77 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

don't listen to anyone else on this issue, I Have found a solution with no re-installation required.

As of today i tried to install windows. I had the same problem and my previous post won't help you. I found a solution though, when you turn on your mac press command R. this will come up with a few utilities and open and select the disk utility. It should be on the HDD First aid section and then press the VERIFY DISK button. Mine came up with several corruptions and so you must click the REPAIR DISK Button which is directly below the other one. Once repaired, restart your mac, go onto bootcamp assistant, enter the disk and it does work as i had experimented for you.

This will fix the problem, Scott.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users