Macworld Forums

Macworld Forums: Mail/Keychain not saving passwords - need help - Macworld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mail/Keychain not saving passwords - need help

#1 User is offline   mr_rsu 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

I am having problems with Mail and Keychain programs not saving passwords automatically as it should.
I'm getting tired of keying in the passwords with my Mail's email accounts, even checking that I would like it remember into my Keychain. When I open up Keychain Access, the Mail passwords are not even "remembered" or saved on the list. What the hell happened there?
I opened up the Mail's Preferences and founded that bold passwords are not "saved" in the email accounts as it used to before. /forums/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Tried running Keychain Access verify/repair utility to fix but no problem is founded.
I'm using Mac OS 10.4.10, with Mail 2.1. Anyone experienced this problems?

#2 User is offline   JohnnyA 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

I'm not sure where I found this. Hope it helps.
"Mail keeps asking for my keychain password
If Mail keeps asking you for your keychain password, try the suggestions below:
1. If you've set your keychain to lock after a period of time, or when your computer goes to sleep, your keychain is locked, and you'll see a message asking for your keychain password. To change your keychain settings, open Keychain Access, located in Applications/Utilities (or click the link below). Select a keychain and choose Edit > Change Settings for Keychain <keychain name>. Deselect "Lock after <number of minutes> of inactivity" and "Lock when sleeping."
2. Open Keychain Access, located in Applications/Utilities (or click the link below). Choose Window > Keychain First Aid. Select a mail account and click Verify, then click the Start button. A log appears listing errors. Click Repair, then click the Start button."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users