Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convert iPhoto image from TIF to JPG?

#1 User is offline   bpl323 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

Are there any scripts out there that will convert TIFFs to JPEG images within iPhoto? I've already named my photos and put them in events and such so I don't want to move them out of iPhoto to convert to JPG. However, it would take forever to individually edit each in Photoshop so I'm hoping there's a script out there...?

#2 User is offline   drmbb 

• Veteran
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:10 AM

In iPhoto, just select all the pictures you want to convert. Then, click on the share menu and select export. Make sure that file export is selected at the top, then choose the format (jpg) and other options, then export to a folder of your choice.

P.S. I'm using iPhoto 5.0.4, so the menus may be a bit different in a more recent version.

#3 User is offline   gtcoder 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:05 AM

Is it possible that iPhoto (I use version '06) exports files using some sort of proprietary format? I use Export all the time but never really took notice until now. I'm starting to use Photoshop Elements v4.0 for resizing and cropping and I'm finding that the prints I get back from Ritz Camera are horrible. Do I need to export from iPhoto as a TIFF or JPG before I work on files in Photoshop?

Ultimately, I'm trying to size down my large high-resolution (Canon 20D, 10mp), to a size of 3" x 3" (250 pixels x 250 pixels to place them in a collage. Does anyone have any advice on best practices for 1) down sizing and 2) printing to that exact dimension?

Tx

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users