• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pairing record is missing: Ipod Touch

#1 User is offline   nik24 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:17 AM

Hi
For the last few months my IpodToch connected to itunes without a problem.

But for some time now Itunes keeps saying "Itunes could not connect to the Ipod

because the pairing record is missing????

I tried to reset both Itunes and Ipod but nothing happened.

Strangley though, it works without problems if I connect the ipod during a different account on the same computer.

I have got both new updates and I really don't know what else I could do.

Plz help me!

Thx!!!

#2 User is offline   danviento 

• PipPip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

The simple, quick fix is to first do a wipe & restore on the iPod and then re-pair it with your account. Yes, it'll take time to do both of these (15-20 mins. tot?), depending on how much music you have, but you're guaranteed to have it working again. Btw, don't do this too often as it puts a lot of stress on your internal drive.

{Note: I've noticed appreciably faster syncing speeds on iPods utilizing FW400 cables than USB 2.0 cables. If you don't like the slow transfer times, go petition Apple to bring back firewire. They don't even build in the firmware to utilize new iPods with old FW cables anymore!}

Some possible issues- I don't have a Touch, so I don't know if preferences, custom icons, wireless network settings, etc. are backed up to your machine, so you may loose those. In that case, you may want to wait until you hear someone who has had a similar problem with their touch.

I doubt you'd ever be able to find the pairing data since Apple would want to hide it, so that's why I'm suggesting this approach. It may be that it does come down to this and you will loose the above info due to a syncing error that damaged the agent on either end of your cable However, you might also want to check and make sure your iTMS account is still authorized with your particular user account on your machine (log out and back in to iTMS).

If none of this works, and no Touch user comes along with a different answer, it's probably your iTunes library that's at fault. You may have to associate you iPod with someone else's library, and take the above steps again with yours. I think this will give it a new pair key and get rid of the faulty old one.

Good luck.

#3 User is offline   Ipodcrazy777 

• Pip

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:59 PM

ok short and simple hold your power button (on top) and the center button for about 10 seconds then let go of the power but hold the center for another 10 seconds and it will reboot and restore in itunes which takes around 5 minutes i just had that problem hehe hope it helps ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users